Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bland & pricey Ireland’s Potato

I couldn’t resist this offer of Irish potatoes by Mydeal.  The deal provided 50% OFF Plain Fries + a choice of Mash Potato OR Onion Ring + 1 Drink  for RM6.90 nett instead of RM13.80.

IMG_4088

Additional toppings were RM3 each.  Despite being there at noon on a weekday, there was no one at the store.  However, the staff were super laid back and didn’t offer to promote the toppings available (I wasn’t even asked if I wanted it).  In fact, the treatment I got was similar to that of getting a ‘free’ serving when in fact, I had already paid my dues in advance!  Okay, so service sucks but I eagerly awaited my freshly fried fries and onion rings.

Served on its own, the fries were very bland and nothing special.  The onion rings, on the other hand, were light, sweet and tasted well even when reheated! Drinks offered by this promo was only carbonated ones ie. coke, 100+ and orange fizz.

What really bugged me was the English and lack of editing done to the backdrop of the whole cafe.  It is apparent that a not much effort had been put into the finer details of this outlet.  I’m giving it the thumbs down and am guessing that with its current menu offering and lack of staff training, they will not last longer than a year.

 

IMG_4093

No comments:

Post a Comment