Thursday, March 15, 2012

Mee Jawa

This restaurant seems to be sprouting everywhere and I just couldn’t resist a sampling!  What to order, what to order?   I settled for their signature dish, naturally.

IMAG0598 Mee Jawa

I must say, that this is the WORST noodle meal I’ve ever had!  The yellow noodle was covered with gravy made of pure starch with sugar!  There was no flavour to this dish and I began to wonder where it came from!  (yes, the imagination did run wild at this stage – it was after all, that bad!)

Ah, perhaps the squid thrown in at the side might be something to savour…NOT!!! This sotong rendang was salty and tasted as though it was reheated and made days ago!  I couldn’t believe that a signature dish could be this bad.  Worst, was the almost withered lettuce sprinkled on top of the noodle!!

Aisay man.  What a total disappointment.  After paying almost RM10 for this.  I was left totally disheartened. Particularly since Mee Jawa is one of my favourite dishes…how could they have made it go oh so wrong???!!

With a dish like this, this chain might as well close down tomorrow.  It certainly won’t be missed.

IMAG0599 Syrup limau

Ok-lar.  I tried to gulp down what I could with my order of syrup limau (lime syrup).  Aiyoh, this was even worst!    Way tooooooooooo sweet with unidentified additives in this drink!

Enough said.  Damage done (yes almost RM13 poorer) and still hungry for a decent meal!  What a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment